The Prehospital Guidelines Consortium exists to engage EMS stakeholder organizations, institutions, agencies and leaders in a sustainable process that promotes the development, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based guidelines for prehospital care.
Multiple national organizations are engaged in ongoing efforts to develop, implement and evaluate prehospital evidence-based guidelines (EBGs). The National Prehospital Evidence-Based Guidelines Strategy developed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) with involvement of 57 stakeholder organizations recognized a need to develop sustainable relationships among stakeholders and facilitate collaborative prehospital EBG efforts. The first proposed action of the Strategy was creation of a Prehospital Guidelines Consortium (PGC) representing national medical and EMS organizations that have an interest in prehospital EBGs and their benefits to patient outcomes.
- Promote EMS EBG development research
- Promote development of EMS EBGs
- Promote education related to EMS EBGs
- Promote implementation of EMS EBGs
- Promote standardized evaluation methods for EMS EBGs
- Promote funding for EMS EBGs-related projects