Contributions to NAEMSP PAC
- Click here for the donation form. Complete it and mail it in with a check payable to NAEMSP PAC. Send it to the address on the form. Do NOT mail it to NAEMSP.
Click here to make a contribution by credit card.
114 Southwold Drive Suite 200
Cary, NC 27519
[Note: There is a 4% processing fee for credit cards, so to maximize your gift,
please consider paying by check.]
The NAEMSP President's Challenge Coin is offered annually to NAEMSP members who have uniquely contributed to our organization. PAC contributors will receive the coin in addition to the following:
- House Level: $250 to $499 - Challenge Coin + extra drink ticket at NAEMSP's San Diego 2022 Conference Opening Reception
- Senate Level: $500 to $1199 - House Level Benefits + Private Reception at San Diego 2022
- Cabinet Level: $1200 to $2999 - Senate Level Benefits + Raffle Entry for one of 3 exclusive bottles of wine
- President Level: $3000 to $4999 - Senate Level Benefits + Raffle Entry for dinner for 4 during San Diego 2022
- Huge, Bigly Level: $5000 - President Level Benefits + Chauffeured Airport Transportation at San Diego 2022
NAEMSP PAC History
Since our organization's inception more than 35 years ago, we have sought to enable the best possible care for our patients while also fostering the growth and advancement of our profession, both domestically and globally. These efforts include:
• Development of an outstanding annual conference where cutting edge research is shared.
• Promulgation of a world-class, peer-reviewed journal that has been broadly adopted as the official journal of our field.
• Government advocacy activities that guide law and policy to be consistent with our vision.
Recently, our attention has been focused in the advocacy arena, with an emphasis on lobbying efforts in Washington, DC. These efforts greatly contributed to the successful passage of the Protecting Patient Access to Emergency Medication Act of 2017, an essential piece of legislation that affirms EMS's ability to provide timely, life-saving patient treatment. Our Advocacy Committee continues to challenge us with future goals, including issues related to establishing appropriate compensation for EMS medical direction, and resources committed to EMS research.
A key component of any robust advocacy effort is working with members of Congress to advance policy solutions. Therefore, it is beneficial for us to support Members of Congress who meet with us and take our perspective into consideration when making decisions that impact NAEMSP members and patients. Showing appreciation for their time and interest also helps us to establish strong, long-term relationships with the legislators. The ethical, legal, and transparent method for us to do so is via a Political Action Committee (PAC).
NAEMSP PAC is a member-supported advocacy effort. Without this tool, the impact of our advocacy efforts will be severely handicapped. National associations across all disciplines such as educators, hairdressers, and fire fighters utilize well-funded PACs to further their goals - and we are poised to do the same.
We are excited to embark on this next step in our continued mission to provide leadership and foster excellence in EMS. Together, with meaningful and sustained civic engagement, we can truly make a difference for EMS and our patients.
Please see above for details on the mechanics of how to make your contribution.
David Tan, MD, EMT-T, FAEMS