January 21, 2021
The National Association of EMS Physicians® (NAEMSP®) welcomed the following members to the Board of Directors at its 2021 Annual Meeting:
- President: Michael Levy, MD, FAEMS,FACEP, FACP; Anchorage, AK
- President-Elect: Jose G. Cabanas, MD, MPH, FAEMS; Raleigh, NC
- Secretary/Treasurer: Sabina Braithwaite, MD, FAEMS; St. Louis, MO
- Immediate Past President: David K. Tan, MD, EMT-T, FAAEM, FAEMS; St. Louis, MO
- Physician Member-at-Large: Sophia Dyer, MD, FACEP, FAEMS; Boston, MA
- Physician Member-at-Large: John M. Gallagher, MD, FACEP, FAEMS; Wichita, KS
- Physician Member-at-Large: Toni Gross, MD, MPH; Phoenix, AZ
- Program Committee Chair: Josh Gaither, MD, FAEMS; Tucson, AZ
- Standards and Clinical Practice Chair: Frank Guyette, MD, MPH, FAEMS; Pittsburgh, PA
They will join current board members Physician Member-at-Large Jeff Beeson, DO, FAEMS, UNT Health Fort Worth, TX; Physician Member-at-Large Brian Clemency, DO, MBA, FAEMS, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY; Physician Member-at-Large Douglas F. Kupas, MD, FAEMS, Danville, PA; and Professional Member-at-Large Lynn White, MD, FAEMS, Global Medical Response, Greenwood Village, CO, who will serve through January 2022.
NAEMSP President Michael Levy is the Chief Medical Officer for the Anchorage Areawide EMS and Medical Director for Emergency Programs for the State of Alaska. “I am privileged to serve alongside such an experienced group of EMS physicians,” he said.
Collectively, the Board of Directors has decades of involvement with NAEMSP, not only as members but also as committee and board volunteers.