Emergency Medical Services
Fellowship Research Grant
Call for Applications
Application Period has closed - check back for more details regarding our next offering
Together with our friends from GMR Foundation, NAEMSP® launches its Call for Applications for the 2022 EMS Fellowship Research Grant.
Amount: One time grant funding of up to $20,000 in direct costs
Number of Grants Awarded Per Academic Year: 1
This funding opportunity is designed to support research performed by an EMS Fellow paired with an EMS Faculty Mentor.
- EMS Fellows must be enrolled in an ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) Accredited EMS fellowship during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- EMS Fellows and EMS Faculty Members must be current NAEMSP® members at the time of application and maintain membership throughout grant cycle.
2022-2023 Application Timeline:
April 15, 2022 – Call for Applications Announced
June 15, 2022 – Applications Due
July 15, 2022 – Awardees Announced
August 1, 2022 – Funds First available
Application: Click here to apply:
- Letter of Intent signed by the EMS Fellow and Faculty Mentor (up to 1 page)
- NIH style biosketch of EMS Fellow
- NIH style biosketch of EMS Faculty Mentor
- Specific Aims Page (up to 1 page)
- Research Plan (up to 5 pages) - must address the following:
- Ethics/Human Subjects
- Detailed budget and budget justification
Candidates must agree to the following term of the grant:
- Must cite the grant as support if the research is published.
- Must provide a final copy of the manuscript, or if not published, a final report of the research in the format of a research article to GMR Foundation.
- Must provide IRB approval letter or exemption from IRB before the funds are released.
- Must submit abstract to 2023 or 2024 NAEMSP® Annual Meeting.
- The Faculty Mentor will be considered the awardee for purposes of contracting.
- This grant does not cover indirect costs.
Applications will be evaluated by a subcommittee of the NAEMSP® Research Committee.
Application Deadline: CLOSED Friday, Nov. 12
NAEMSP and Stryker are proud to again sponsor the NAEMSP/STRYKER EMS Medicine Medical Director Fellowship for 2022. The selected candidate will receive 12-month, $80,000 funding.
The application period is now closed; the fellowship begins July 1, 2022. Applications are currently under review and winner will be announced mid-December.
NAEMSP/AMR Foundation Research Grants
Application Deadline CLOSED: Monday, Nov. 15
NAEMSP and the AMR Foundation for Research and Education are teaming up again this year to offer up to two $5,000 research grants.
The eligible applicant (principal investigator) must:
- be a fellow in an ACGME accredited EMS Fellowship during the 2021-2022 academic year;
- be an NAEMSP member, and
- make all arrangements for conduct of the proposed research projects and assume responsibility for conducting the research projects and supervising the work of all associate investigators.
The application window is now open through Nov. 15.
NAEMSP Annual Meeting Scholarship
NAEMSP and AMR are again pleased to offer a scholarship providing the opportunity to attend the 2022 Annual Meeting in January!
Application Deadline CLOSED: Friday, Nov. 26
Who is eligible: Any non-physician, non-student EMS professional who is interested in becoming (or currently is) a professional member of NAEMSP® and would be a first time attendee of the NAEMSP Annual Meeting in San Diego, January 2022.