The University of Colorado Department of Emergency Medicine at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus and UCHealth are recruiting a talented, highly motivated, and academically focused EMS Physician to join our innovative and highly collaborative Prehospital EMS team.
We aim to recruit an excellent clinician and faculty candidate who is excited to work in a large and quickly expanding health system (UCHealth) and assist in leading a novel, rapidly growing high impact prehospital program.
- Engage and direct multiple 911 EMS agencies including urban, rural, and super rural with over 100 prehospital providers
- Co-lead critical care transport, both air and ground, across Colorado and the UCHealth System (15 hospitals) with six state catchment area, two Level 1 Trauma Centers, and three base stations
- Lead the innovative Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit and additional new enhanced prehospital medical programs
- Design and accelerate novel remote patient monitoring programs for acute care in collaboration with our renowned UCHealth Virtual Health Care Center
- Orchestrate and lead prehospital EMS research for acute care with the UCHealth system and the University of Colorado for novel therapies and breakthrough monitoring in a program that ranks top 10 in NIH funding and top 5 in DoD funding nationally
- Teach and develop innovative curriculum for highly motivated and talented prehospital providers, medical students, residents and fellows, with novel methods of simulation and augmented reality
- Provide outreach and education to rural and critical access communities, including high fidelity simulation, ongoing education, and treatment partnerships with our Trauma Center and ABA Burn Center
- Work clinically in one of the busiest hospitals in the six-state region that consistently ranks in the top nationally as one of the most efficient, safest, and highest quality, patience centered hospitals in the country. We have ranked #1 in Colorado for the last decade, both as a busy Level I Trauma center and tertiary care hospital, and top 10 in NIH research funding.
Where You’ll Work:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The CU Department of Emergency Medicine values Discovery, Development, and Dissemination with innovative clinical breakthroughs, patient centered care, scientific discovery, and emergency medicine excellence. In addition, in the Department of Emergency Medicine, we believe diversity is power. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion to drive innovation, accelerate medical research, strengthen educational programs, and improve equitable healthcare. Diversity makes our department stronger, better positioned to serve our patients and communities, and improves the lives of our patients.
Our Emergency Department
Prospective faculty: “Why join us”
Our quickly growing UCHealth EMS System
Our CU Center for COMBAT Research
Contacts and Application Instructions:
Please contact Dr. Angie Wright, Medical Director, EMS and Prehospital Care, UCHealth Denver Metro
([email protected]) or Dr. Vik Bebarta (Vice Chair for Strategy and Growth - [email protected]) if excited to discuss this opportunity or to learn more. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Applications are accepted electronically on our CU Careers website.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date.
Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found here
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
Emergency Medical Services Faculty Opportunity
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an Emergency Medical Services physician to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
- Join our team of 3 progressive EMS physicians who provide oversight of EMS at our 4 hospitals
- Assist with the oversight and delivery of a variety of services to urban, rural, municipal, volunteer, private, and Fire Department-based agencies. Academic time to organize and direct our regional EMS system in conjunction with our Regional EMS Medical Director and EMS coordinators.
- Baystate Medical Center, the region’s only level I Trauma and tertiary care referral center, serves over 126,000 annual ED visits.
- Our 5 EDs serve a combined volume of over 200,000 annual visits.
- More than 40,000 EMS arrivals are brought to Baystate Medical Center annually.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. Your motivation and ideas will help advance EMS in Western Massachusetts. Become part of our pre-hospital community serving those in need. At Baystate Health we know that treating our patients and colleagues with dignity and equity motivates and fosters a sense of community, not only within our organization, but also the community and patients we serve. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all those we touch.
Qualifications: ABMS BC/BE in Emergency Medical Services is required. A focus on pre-hospital clinical research and quality improvement is highly desirable, as is a strong commitment to collaboration, quality, systems integration, and lifelong learning.
To learn more about our outstanding health system and life in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence may be directed to:
Dr. Gerald (Wook) Beltran, EMS Chief
c/o Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter
Telephone: 413.794.2624; Email: [email protected]
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.