Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced EMS Physician Leader to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
- Provide leadership and medical oversight for pre and out-of-hospital emergency care as well as transport systems for the Baystate Health organization. Baystate Medical Center is our region’s only Level 1 Trauma and tertiary care referral center serving over 101,000 annual ED visits in FY21. Our three community EDs serve a combined volume of 90,000 annual visits. More than 40,000 EMS arrivals are brought to Baystate Medical Center annually.
- Serve as a clinical and operational leader for our team of 3 EMS fellowship trained physicians, 4 EMS coordinators, and outstanding support team.
- Oversee future expansion of EMS services to include an ACGME approved EMS fellowship, Mobile Integrated Health Care, on-scene medical control and Critical Care Transport for both air-medical and ground transport.
- Direct and oversee delivery of a variety of services to urban, rural, municipal, volunteer, private and Fire Department-based agencies. Organize and direct our regional EMS system in conjunction with our regional EMS medical directors and coordinators.
- Partner with Baystate Health executive leadership to establish and expand programs that meet the organizational strategic growth goals and mission.
- Work closely with various local, regional, state and national medical communities regarding our EMS system by reviewing and responding to community needs.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with faculty appointment at University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School- Baystate.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
- ABMS board certification in Emergency Medical Services with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- A focus on pre-hospital clinical research and quality improvement is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable record of collaboration, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiasm for medical education and mentoring junior faculty and ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision. Our division greatly values teamwork, collegiality and work/life balance. Leadership training is provided and encouraged.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Niels Rathlev, MD, Chair of Emergency Medicine, Baystate Health
c/o Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter, Baystate Health
Telephone: 413.794.2624; Email: [email protected]
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Cincinnati, OH VA Medical Center is currently recruiting for a full time Physician to perform clinical duties and effective outpatient care in the Emergency Department and participate in the Emergency Department's Emergency Preparedness Response. The Emergency Department is under the Primary Care Service and is 24/7, triple-covered during the day and single-covered at night. It has 25,000 annual visits with approximately 18% of evaluated patients being admitted.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 4% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
All qualified candidates encouraged to apply. Open to U.S. Citizens but non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens. Applications will be referred to the hiring manager starting April 4, 2022 and will continue until filled.
For more information and to apply, click on this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/643790900