Certification Review Course
NAEMSP and ACEP partner to present a Certification Review Course in the years preceding the exam (odd-numbered years).
Examination Reference Materials
For those studying for the EMS subspecialty certification exam, the following are some of suggested references.
- Emergency Medical Services: Clinical Practice and Systems Oversight, 3rd Edition (NAEMSP members: log in here for your 20% off discount code.)
- Tactical Medicine Essentials – Campbell, Heiskell, Smith, and Wipfler
- Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide
- Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts
- Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine
- Review guide to accompany the two-volume NAEMSP textbook created by Ryan Coughlin (Yale), on behalf of the NAEMSP Fellows and Fellowship Graduates Committee
- LLSA Reading Lists (scroll to Emergency Medical Services lists)
American Board of Emergency Medicine
Since 2013, the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) has offered EMS subspecialty certification to qualified emergency physicians. ABEM’s mission is to maintain the integrity, quality, and standards of training and practice in Emergency Medicine, ensuring public safety. It operates as a non-profit, independent evaluation organization and is recognized among the 24 medical specialty certification boards by the American Board of Medical Specialties.