PGC Update: 2023
Projects Completed in 2022
Projects in Progress in 2023
For more information and EBG-related resources, please visit prehospitalguidelines.org
- 2024 Systematic Review of Prehospital Evidence-Based Guidelines
This will be the third biennial update to the systematic review of guidelines related to prehospital care. Literature review will begin in Spring 2023
- 2024 EMS Professionals Reading List
The PGC will initiate in 2023 a new process for open requests for top EMS-related research articles for the biennial reading list that will be used to facilitate continued competency activities of the NREMT and other EMS organizations.
- Additional projects aim to advance implementation science and support the development of EMS performance measures.
Anyone interested in being involved in the PGC should contact [email protected]
PGC General Information
The Prehospital Guidelines Consortium (PGC) exists to engage EMS stakeholder organizations, institutions, agencies and leaders in a sustainable process that promotes the development, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based guidelines for prehospital care.
Multiple national organizations are engaged in ongoing efforts to develop, implement and evaluate prehospital evidence-based guidelines (EBGs). The National Prehospital Evidence-Based Guidelines Strategy, developed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) with involvement of 57 stakeholder organizations, recognized a need to develop sustainable relationships among stakeholders and facilitate collaborative prehospital EBG efforts. The first proposed action of the Strategy was creation of a Prehospital Guidelines Consortium (PGC) representing national medical and EMS organizations that have an interest in prehospital EBGs and their benefits to patient outcomes.
- Promote EMS EBG development research
- Promote development of EMS EBGs
- Promote education related to EMS EBGs
- Promote implementation of EMS EBGs
- Promote standardized evaluation methods for EMS EBGs
- Promote funding for EMS EBGs-related projects
Additional information about the Prehospital Guidelines Consortium and other prehospital EBG resources are available at http://prehospitalguidelines.org/ebgs/.
Anyone interested in being involved in the PGC should contact [email protected].