Access Password: 4lG38G
- PPE works! Greater risk to EMS may actually be off-duty or if not practicing social distancing and basic infection control procedures while at work.
- At this time, PPE is a limited resource, so agencies must risk stratify its use to conserve appropriately until supplies become stable.
- The “Scout” procedure is an added layer of screening to augment the EMD/Dispatch pre-screen as well as another avenue to conserve PPE
NAEMSP President David K. Tan, MD, EMT-T, FAAEM, FAEMS
- Thomas Rea, MD, MPH, is the Medical Program Director for King County EMS and a Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington.
- Michael Sayre, MD, is the Medical Director for Seattle Fire Department and a Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Washington.