David C. Cone, MD - Editor-in-Chief
NEW: PEC is now fully online!
NAEMSP members and partner subscribers click here to sign in to your account to access the online Journal. If you are not a current NAEMSP® member, this option is not available unless you rejoin or subscribe to the journal.
You may also select "PEC Member Access" in the menu under your name if you are signed in to your account.
This peer-reviewed Journal, published bimonthly by Taylor and Francis, is the official Journal of:
- National Association of EMS Physicians®,
- National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO),
- National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE),
- National EMS Management Association (NEMSMA),
- National Association of EMTs (NAEMT), and
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
In July 1998, Prehospital Emergency Care was accepted for indexing in Index Medicus, by the National Library of Medicine. The indexing is retroactive to the first issue, January, 1997. The Journal is also listed in the computerized/online version of the index, MEDLINE. This means that all work published in Prehospital Emergency Care will now be retrievable worldwide by anyone searching these databases.
In addition to the membership in the above associations, Prehospital Emergency Care also has over 500 non-member subscribers.
This current and informative Journal provides a scientific venue for all NAEMSP® members and is included with your membership fee. The mission of the Journal is to foster and disseminate EMS literature of the highest quality. The Editorial Board is comprised of nationally renowned EMS physicians and professionals. The Journal features original research, NAEMSP® Position Papers, Case Conferences, Collective Reviews and Editorials.
Click here to submit your manuscript for publication in an upcoming issue.
Are You a Member of NAEMT, NASEMSO, NEMSMA, NREMT or SOMA?
NAEMSE members: Please access the PEC journal through your member record on NAEMSE.org
Members of other NAEMSP® affiliate groups may purchase a discounted subscription to the journal, now with online access.
To purchase your online subscription follow these steps:
1. Create your account
2. Log in to the NAEMSP Portal.
3. Click on Membership and select Join/Renew.
4. Confirm your contact information and click next.
5. Select the corresponding partner PEC subscription package.
6. Enter your payment information. (please note that the billing address must exactly match as the address appears on your credit card statement).
7. Click next to review and then process your order.
To access the PEC journal online (it may take 3-5 business days for the systems to synchronize):
- Log in to the NAEMSP Portal.
- Click this link to be directed into the PEC portal.