EMS Educators Collaborative
A Longitudinal Professional Development Opportunity in EMS Education
Sponsored by NAEMSP and NAEMSE
- The EMS Educators Collaborative will take participants through a curriculum development process with each month focusing on a new step.
- Participants will have access to mentors in EMS education as well as other course members to share wins, troubleshoot roadblocks, and assist you in bringing your educational content to the next level.
- Throughout the course, students will apply concepts they are learning to a curriculum design capstone. Course faculty will serve as mentors to program participants
- Potential examples of capstone projects:
- A new EKG curriculum for paramedic students
- Airway management training program for current BLS providers
- An EMS rotation for medical students
- Capstone projects will be presented at the NAEMSE conference in August, 2022. While your work will be presented, attendance at NAEMSE is not a requirement of the course.
- Participants receive one free year of NAEMSE membership as well as the Foundations of Education: An EMS Approach (third edition) text
- EMS Medical Directors
- Those looking to increase the quality of education in their EMS system
- EMS fellowship faculty/leadership
- Medical directors of EMS training programs
- Leaders in EMS education of residents/medical students
- EMS Professional Members
- Training program directors
- Education coordinators
- EMS instructors
- The cohort will run from January 2022 – August 2022, culminating in the presentation of work at the NAEMSE Conference.
- While submission of work to the NAEMSE is a requirement, attendance at the conference participation is encouraged, but not required.
- Structured monthly discussions around aspects of curriculum development
- Mentorship and networking with EMS educational leaders across the country
- Development of an educational product that will be presented at a national conference
||Development of Educational Product
||Wrap up/Stakeholders in EMS Education
Sign Me Up!