The 2019 application period closed August 15.
FAEMS was established in 2016 to honor NAEMSP® members who have made special contributions to the Association and the subspecialty of EMS Medicine. In 2017, professional members became eligible for this status. In 2020, International members will be eligible (see below for criteria).
This important designation, FAEMS™, speaks to contributions to NAEMSP® and highlights commitment to the advancement and refinement of EMS Medicine.
The Review Committee convenes annually in August to review applications received from the deadline of one application period to the next. To be considered to be inducted at the 2020 annual meeting, please see the criteria below.
1 - Only the member-appropriate online applications will be accepted. Submission of incorrect form for member type will nullify application.
2 - CV's are NOT accepted as supporting documentation.
Click here for the physician member criteria.
Click here for the online physician application.
Click here for professional member criteria.
Click here for the online professional application.
International Members (new for 2020)
Click here for the international member criteria.
Click here for the online international member application.
2018 Press Release
2017 Press Release
2016 Press Release
Click here for the list of current Fellows.
Review and Notification Process
- All materials are subject to review and approval by the NAEMSP® Membership Committee, with final approval from the NAEMSP® Board of Directors or its designee.
- To be acknowledged and recognized during the current year, applications for fellow status must be received by August 15.
- Applications will be reviewed annually in the fall.
- Applicants will be notified via email if their application has been approved or denied. Reason for denial will be outlined. Denied applicants are encouraged to reapply.
- Approved fellows will then be authorized to use the credential "FAEMS" in conjunction with professional activities (see below – Requirements for Maintenance of Designation).
- Fees, procedures for election, and reasons for termination of fellows shall be determined by the NAEMSP® Board of Directors.
Requirements for Maintenance of Designation and Use of FAEMS
- Members will receive official notification of election or denial of their application by email.
- Those whose application are received by August 15, and approved will be notified in late October. You may begin using the designation FAEMS on the date of the notification.
- All newly elected fellows will receive an official fellow certificate and lapel pin prior to NAEMSP®'s Scientific Assembly.
Fellows whose NAEMSP® membership expires immediately lose fellow status and the right to use the FAEMS designation and will be required to reapply for the designation upon membership reinstatement.
- Continued membership in the Association, and
- Continued contribution to the profession.
For more information on Fellow Status contact us at INFO-NAEMSP@NAEMSP.org.